- "naked": British slang, from 1923, combining (like a popular etymology) two meanings of stark (“strong, utterly; barren”) with stark naked, which is from Old English steort (“tail”), referring to the tail-end (as in butt-naked).
- "crazy": stark (“shortening of stark raving mad”) + -ers
starkers (not comparable)
- (chiefly Britain, slang) Completely nude.
- Entering the bathroom, I found Bill there, still starkers after his bath.
- (informal) Stark raving mad.
- (completely nude): bare, butt-naked, in one's birthday suit, in the bare, in the nuddy, in the nude, naked, naked as the day one was born, nude, stark naked, undressed
- “stark” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary, 2001–2017.