- Without clothing or other covering of the skin; without clothing on the genitals or female nipples.
- Why do you act so prudish whenever you see nude people?
- Characterized by the nudity of people concerned or to whom the described noun is attributed.
- 2019 December 19, Elaine McCahill, “I said no to 'Game of Thrones' nude scene, says 'Charlie' actress Sinead Watters”, Irish Independent: Charlie's breakout star Sinead Watters has revealed that she said no to a nude role in Game of Thrones.
- (of clothing, makeup, etc) Of a color (such as beige or tan) that evokes bare flesh.
- 2007, Brenda Janowitz, Scot On The Rocks, →ISBN, page 113:
- Vanessa always wore the same color on both her hands and feet—Hitchcock Blonde—a barely-there nude color with a dash of pink that was only two shades away from clear topcoat. It was the sort of thing you would imagine Grace Kelly in […]
- 2010, Raquel Welch, Raquel: Beyond the Cleavage, →ISBN, page 143:
- It gave me a lovely, natural, but juicy color. To correct the shape of my mouth, I lined my lips with a nude color like MAC's Spice mixed with Mochaberry Automatic Lip Liner, blending the liner very carefully to make sure there was no hard edge.
- 2012, Dilvin Yasa, Things My Daughter Needs to Know, →ISBN:
- Do not, under any circumstances (even if grunge is back in), wear a white or black bra under light-coloured clothing – only a nude bra will do.
- 2016 June 2, "Company releases nude chest binder line for different skin tones", in the Washington Blade
- For more quotations using this term, see Citations:nude.
- (law, obsolete) Not valid; void.
- 1825, Sir William Hay Macnaghten, Principles and Precedents of Moohummudan Law:
- A void sale is that which can never take effect; in which the articles opposed to each other, or one of them, not bearing any legal value the contract is nude.
without clothing or other covering
of color of bare skin
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
nude (plural nudes)
- A painting, sculpture, photograph or other artwork or mass-media-reproduced image depicting one or more human figure(s) in a state of near or total undress.
- Michelangelo's David is a well-known standing male nude; Michelangelo also created several other nudes.
- Lexa sent me a nude last week.
- (with article, "the nude") The state of total nudity.
- she caught him in the nude
- A color that resembles or evokes bare flesh; a paint, dye, etc. of such color.
- 2013, Debra, How to be a Man Magnet:
- What eye shadow looks best on my eye color? Brown eyes – Off whites, nudes, peaches, and purples.
image depicting a human in a state of undress
state of total nudity
nude (Brazil) m or (Portugal) f (plural nudes)