From the verb phrase strike out.
strikeout (plural strikeouts)
- An instance or the act of yielding nothing
- We've had one strikeout after the other on the Jones account.
- (baseball) An instance or the act of striking out
- The pitcher recorded seven strikeouts in the game.
- (computing, wordprocessing) Cancellation of a portion of text by crossing it out without deleting it; strikethrough.
strikeout (third-person singular simple present strikeouts, present participle strikeouting, simple past and past participle strikeouted) (computing, textprocessing) To cancel a portion of text by crossing it out without deleting it; strikethrough.