- stupidité (rare)
Audio (US) (file)
- (uncountable) The property of being stupid.
1918, W. B. Maxwell, chapter 13, in The Mirror and the Lamp:
- And Vickers launched forth into a tirade very different from his platform utterances. He spoke with extreme contempt of the dense stupidity exhibited on all occasions by the working classes. He said that if you wanted to do anything for them, you must rule them, not pamper them. Soft heartedness caused more harm than good.
- I suppose you can put it down to gross stupidity, but that's not much of an excuse.
- (countable) An act that is stupid.
- Jimmy's stupidity cost him his car.
property of being stupid
act that is stupid
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked