summerhouse (plural summerhouses)
- A house owned not as a primary residence and used as vacation home during warm weather months of the year.
- An outbuilding in a garden where the owners can relax in warm weather.
- 1938, Norman Lindsay, Age of Consent, Sydney: Ure Smith, published 1962, page 138:
- "When he had religion he used to be always hammerin' up seats and summer-houses and things out of bits of twisty wood. Mad over that, he was."
house used as vacation home in summer
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked