- (Singapore, colloquial, slang) To bully or treat harshly.
- 2003 October 17, “Questions thick and fast in Parliament”, in TODAY, page 2:
- We have also been through training and we all kena tekan (were bullied), but even if we were ill-treated, we didn’t know that we were being ill-treated
- 2009 July 8, “Victim offered sex: Attackers”, in TODAY, page 10:
- When Hamdan joined their cell, Iryan told him the 1.6m-tall victim was someone they could tekan (bully).
- 2013 July 17, “Paige Chua wears the pants”, in TODAY, page 60:
- It will expose us to different ways of thought … like waking up at 4am and being tekan.
- Romanization of