See also: tincan
- a container, usually cylindrical, made out of sheet metal coated with tin
- (as a misnomer) a container, usually cylindrical, made out of sheet metal coated with aluminum
- (nautical) a destroyer
- 2000, Donald F. Myers, Your War, My War: A Marine in Vietnam, →ISBN, page 305:
- As the tin can sailors started telling us what they thought of AKA sailors, which they said were inferior seamen habing to serve aboard an auxiliary vessel instead of a ship of the line;
- An inexpensive car.
- A motor home or trailer
- 2007, Errol L. Sweetser, Quest for the Ridge: A Childhood Adventure, →ISBN, page 34:
- I was too late as bearing down the ribbon of no return was a huge tin can piloted by two women with hair blowing over the side windows.