See also: space ship
Alternative forms Edit
spaceship (plural spaceships)
- (astronautics) A vehicle that flies through space.
- (cellular automata) A finite pattern that reappears after a certain number of generations in the same orientation but in a different position.
- 2002, Richard Nowakowski, More Games of No Chance, page 433:
- We describe software that searches for spaceships in Conway's Game of Life and related two-dimensional cellular automata.
- 2010, Andrew Adamatzky, Game of Life Cellular Automata, page 126:
- Synthesis of spaceship flotillas is even more complicated than synthesis of oscillators, since spaceships are like oscillators that move […]
- (programming) The operator
<=>in certain programming languages, which compares two values and indicates whether the first is lesser than, greater than, or equal to the second.
- 2012, Randal Schwartz, Brian Foy, Tom Phoenix, Intermediate Perl, page 142:
- If we reverse the positions of
$b, the spaceship will sort in the opposite order […]
- (vehicle): spacecraft
vehicle that flies through space