- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈtʊənəmənt/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈtʊɹnəmɪnt/, /ˈtɝnəmɪnt/, /ˈtɔɹnəmɪnt/
tournament (plural tournaments)
- (historical) During the Middle Ages, a series of battles and other contests designed to prepare knights for war.
- A series of games; either the same game played many times, or a succession of games related by a single theme; played competitively to determine a single winning team or individual.
2011, Phil McNulty, Euro 2012: Montenegro 2-2 England:
- England secured their place at Euro 2012 with a scrambled draw in Montenegro - but Wayne Rooney was sent off and will miss the start of the tournament.
- (graph theory) A digraph obtained by assigning a direction to each edge in an undirected complete graph.
(historical) series of battles
series of games