- Causing trouble or anxiety
- Synonyms: vexatious, burdensome, wearisome
- The computer has been very troublesome for me. It never works when I need to use it.
- 2022 June 15, Christian Wolmar, “What do the railways need and how can we fulfil that need?”, in RAIL, number 959, page 45:
- The problem is that the likes of Shapps and his boss Boris Johnson are eager for a fight with the unions. They are being deliberately provocative, so they can portray railway workers as 'troublesome trots'.
- See also Thesaurus:annoying