- An unpleasant state of mental uneasiness, nervousness, apprehension and obsession or concern about some uncertain event.
- An uneasy or distressing desire (for something).
- I was anxious to get into the office before Henderson called from New York.
- (pathology) A state of restlessness and agitation, often accompanied by a distressing sense of oppression or tightness in the stomach.
- care, solicitude, foreboding, uneasiness, perplexity, disquietude, disquiet, trouble, apprehension, restlessness, distress
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked