- That makes one troubled or uneasy; disquieting or distressing.
- April 5 2022, Tina Brown, “How Princess Diana’s Dance With the Media Impacted William and Harry”, in Vanity Fair:
That makes one troubled or uneasy
unsettling (plural unsettlings)
- The weakening of some previously established system or norm.
- 2013, Krishna Sen, Maila Stivens, Gender and Power in Affluent Asia, page 19:
- But reconstructing theory has proved more problematic than feminists might have hoped, even as their efforts played an important if sometimes overlooked part in post-modern unsettlings of theories in the West.