- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈwɑndəɹɪŋ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈwɒndəɹɪŋ/
Audio (US) (file)
wandering (not comparable)
- Which wanders; travelling from place to place.
- 2013, Pan, Xuan; Hsing Yun, “When You Stop By the Four Permanent Exhibits”, in Robert Smitheram, transl., Buddha Land in the Human World: The Making of the Buddha Memorial Center, First English edition, Buddha's Light Publishing, →ISBN, LCCN 2013001357, OCLC 825646296, page 64:
- This was the time when Venerable Master Hsing Yun first arrived in Taiwan as a wandering monk and was refused lodgings. He was nearly reduced to begging on the street. Fortunately, the old Venerable Miaoguo of Yuanguang Temple in Chungli took him in.
- (medicine, of an organ) Abnormally capable of moving in certain directions.
- a wandering kidney; a wandering liver
terms derived from wandering
wandering (plural wanderings)
- Travelling without preset route; roaming.
- Irregular turning of the eyes.
- Aimless thought.
- Straying from a desired path.
- (chiefly in the plural) Disordered speech or delirium.
turning of eyes
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked