- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈwəʊbɪɡɒn/
- (US) enPR: wōʹbĭ-gôn, IPA(key): /ˈwoʊbɪɡɔn/, enPR: wōʹbĭ-gän, IPA(key): /ˈwoʊbɪɡɑn/
- In a deplorable state.
- Filled with or deeply affected by woe.
- 1957, Jack Kerouac, On The Road:
- When he was finished, as such, he was wringing wet, and now he had to edge and shimmy his way back, and with a most woebegone look, and everybody laughing, except the sad blond boy, and the Minnesotans roaring in the cab.
- (in a deplorable state): dilapidated, derelict, godforsaken, ramshackle, rundown, tumbledown
- (filled with woe): See Thesaurus:sad or Thesaurus:lamentable
in a deplorable state