- IPA: /ˈkæɫkjuːleɪt/
- (transitive, mathematics) To determine the value of something or the solution to something by a mathematical process.
- Calculate the square root of 3 to 10 decimal places.
- (intransitive, mathematics) To determine values or solutions by a mathematical process.
- (intransitive) To plan something, especially something morally wrong.
- (determine value of or solution to): compute, reckon (old), work out
- (determine values or solutions): compute, reckon (old)
- (plan): plan, plot, scheme
(transitive) to determine value
(intransitive) determine values or solutions
- calculate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- calculate in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- second-person plural present active imperative of calculō
- "calculate ye, compute ye"
- (figuratively) "consider ye as, esteem ye"
- vocative masculine singular of calculātus