- Simple past tense and past participle of crook.
- Adjective: enPR: kro͝ok'ĭd, IPA(key): /ˈkrʊkɪd/
pronunciation refers to adjective form.
Audio (UK) (file)
- Not straight; having one or more bends or angles.
- We walked up the crooked path to the top of the hill.
- Set at an angle; not vertical or square.
- That picture is crooked - could you straighten it up for me?
- (figuratively) Dishonest or illegal; corrupt.
- He was trying to interest me in another one of his crooked deals.
having one or more bends or angles
set at an angle
figurative: dishonest, illegal
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked