- (literally) (transitive) To lead (a) draught animal(s)
- (transitive) To drive a drawn vehicle (especially chariot) or plow
- (transitive) To deliver the load of such transport
- (figuratively) (transitive) To take the lead, conduct, guide, command (troops), steer people/ events
- (intransitive) To be engaged in any of the above senses, e.g. to have the lead, be in charge
Conjugation of mennen (weak)
|present tense||past tense|
|1st person singular||men||mende|
|2nd person singular||ment||mende|
|2nd person sing. (gij)||ment||mende|
|3rd person singular||ment||mende|
- First-person singular potential present form of mennä.
- active second infinitive in instructive of .