Audio (US) (file)
- (sports) In an illegal position ahead of the ball
- (US) To the side of the road, past the curb and sidewalk, e.g. an offside diner (restaurant.)
- (bridge) Unfavourably located, from the point of view of the player taking a finesse.
- Precise usage varies between sports; singular offside is used more in association football, while the plural form offsides is, incorrectly, used by some in American football.
in an illegal position ahead of the ball
to the side of a road
offside (plural offsides)
- (sports) An offside play
- (UK) the right side of a road vehicle when facing in the same direction as the vehicle
- (roadside): nearside
Read in another language
This page is available in 10 languages