stratum (plural strata)
- One of several parallel horizontal layers of material arranged one on top of another.
- (geology) A layer of sedimentary rock having approximately the same composition throughout.
- Any of the regions of the atmosphere, such as the stratosphere, that occur as layers.
- (biology) A layer of tissue.
- A class of society composed of people with similar social, cultural, or economic status.
- (ecology) A layer of vegetation, usually of similar height.
- (layers of material arranged one on top of another): tier
one of several parallel horizontal layers of material arranged one on top of another
layer of sedimentary rock having approximately the same composition throughout
any of the regions of the atmosphere
layer of tissue
layer of vegetation
- Stratum on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- stratum in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- stratum in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- a bed-covering, coverlet, quilt, blanket
- a pillow, bolster
- a bed, couch
- a horse-blanket, saddle-cloth
- a pavement
- accusative singular of
- vocative singular of
Second declension neuter.
- supine of