ین • (yen)
- yen (currency)
ـین • (-in, -ên)
- Suffix which forms adjectives of material or quality; -en
From Arabic ـِينَ (-īna, genitive/accusative plural suffix). The case distinction, which is alien to Modern Persian, was lost, but the Arabic nominative form ـُونَ (-ūna) came to be used with nisba nouns for euphonic reasons.
ـین • (-in)
- (dated, literary) A plural suffix used with certain nouns denoting persons, generally of Arabic origin.
- While many Arabic broken plurals as well plurals in ـات (-ât) remain current in contemporary Persian, those in ـین (-in), ـون (-un) are now highly literary.
- Suffix which form the plural of nouns that do not end with ی (ye).
- “ین”, in اُردُو لُغَت (in Urdu), Ministry of Education: Government of Pakistan, 2017.