Modified from ܗܢܝܢ (hennên, “they”), with the initial consonant quiescing.
- an enclitic used as a copula for a third-person plural feminine subject; they are
- (with a preceding first- or second-person plural pronoun) an enclitic used as a copula for a plural feminine subject; (we) are, (you) are
- often used as a third-person plural feminine direct object; them
- “ˀnyn”, in The Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon Project, Cincinnati: Hebrew Union College, 1986–
- Brockelmann, Carl (1895) Lexicon Syriacum (in la), Berlin, Edinburgh: Reuther & Reichard, T. & T. Clark
- Costaz, Louis (2002) Dictionnaire syriaque-français : Syriac–English Dictionary, 3rd edition, Beirut: Dar El-Machreq
- Payne Smith, Jessie (1903) A Compendious Syriac Dictionary Founded Upon the Thesaurus Syriacus of R. Payne Smith, D.D., Oxford: Clarendon Press