From Middle Korean 말ᄊᆞᆷ (malssom).
- IPA(key): /ˈma̠ːɭs͈ɯm/
- Phonetic hangeul: 말:씀
- Romanizations: RR (transcription): malsseum•RR (transliteration): malsseum•MC: malssŭm•Yale: mālssum
말씀 • (malsseum)
- (honorific) word or speech
태초에 말씀이 계시니라, 이 말씀이 하나님과 함께 계셨으니, 이 말씀은 곧 하나님이시니라.
(Korean Bible, 요한복음 (John) 1:1)
- Taecho-e malsseum-i gyesinira, i malsseum-i hananim-gwa hamkke gyesyeosseuni, i malsseum-eun got hananimisinira.
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- 말 (mal, “word, speech, language”)
- 말씀하다 (malsseumhada, “to speak, to say”)