- A patronymic surname derived from the given name Colman.
- An occupational surname for a coal man, who burnt coal.
- A male given name transferred from the surname.
- An unincorporated community in Drew County, Arkansas, United States.
- An unincorporated community in Nevada County, California, United States.
- A city in Sumter County, Florida, United States.
- A census-designated place in Randolph County, Georgia, United States. It was an incorporated city until 2007.
- A small city in Midland County, Michigan, United States.
- An unincorporated community in Cass County, Missouri, United States.
- An unincorporated community in Columbiana County, Ohio, United States.
- A small unincorporated community and census-designated place in Johnston County, Oklahoma, United States.
- A community in Prince Edward Island, Canada.
- A city, the county seat of Coleman County, Texas.
- An unincorporated community in Wayne County, West Virginia, United States.
- A village in Marinette, Wisconsin.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Coleman is the 107th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 219,070 individuals. Coleman is most common among White (49.43%) and Black (44.60%) individuals.