See also: cornish
From Corn(wall) + -ish; Cornish Kernowek.
Cornish (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to Cornwall, a county of southwest England.
- Native to Cornwall.
- Of or pertaining to the Cornish language.
of the Cornish language
native to Cornwall
Cornish pl (plural only)
- (collectively) The inhabitants of Cornwall, especially native-born.
- See Cornishman
- The Celtic language of Cornwall, related to Welsh and Breton.
- There is a movement to revive Cornish.
- The name of a town:
- A town in Maine.
- A town in New Hampshire.
- A town in Oklahoma.
- A town in Utah, at the border with Idaho.
- A habitational surname from Old English referring to someone from Cornwall.
A Celtic language
- ISO 639-1 code kw, ISO 639-3 code cor (SIL)
- Ethnologue entry for Cornish, cor
- Cornish in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913