- The most common form is Hanukkah, followed by Chanukah and Hanukah. Other forms, which are only a fraction as common, include: Hanuka, Chanuka, Chanukka, Chanukkah, Hannuka, Khanukah, Chanuko, Channukah, Hannukah, Channuka, Hanukka, Chanuca, and Chanuccah. The forms Hannukka, Channukkah, and Chanucca are very rare.
Hanukkah (plural Hanukkahs)
- (Judaism) An eight-day Jewish festival, starting on the 25th day of Kislev, which commemorates the rededication of the temple in Jerusalem after the victory of the Maccabees over the Greek Syrians.
the Jewish festival
- “Hanukkah” in The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition, Houghton Mifflin Company, 2000.
- “Hanukkah”, in Dictionary.com Unabridged: Dictionary.com, LLC, 1995–.
- "Hanukkah" in WordNet 2.0, Princeton University, 2003.
- Alternative form of