- A patronymic surname.
- (rare) A male given name, transferred usage of the patronymic surname.
- A village in Illinois
- A city in Iowa
- A city in Kentucky, and the county seat of Henderson County.
- A town in Louisiana
- A town in Maryland
- A city in Minnesota
- A city in Nebraska
- A city in Nevada
- A town in New York
- A city in North Carolina, and the county seat of Vance County.
- A city in Tennessee, and the county seat of Chester County.
- A city in Texas, and the county seat of Rusk County.
- A town in West Virginia
- A western suburb of Auckland, New Zealand.