See also: K-2
- A mountain on the border between Pakistan and Taxkorgan, Kashgar prefecture, Xinjiang, China, the world’s second highest mountain, located in the Ladakh Karakorams
- 2010, Graham Bowley, No Way Down: Life and Death on K2, HarperCollins, →ISBN, LCCN 2010005706, OCLC 731488256, page xx:
- Meyer’s team was one of eight international expeditions that were setting off on the final day of their ascent of K2, at 28,251 feet the second-tallest mountain on earth. K2 was nearly 800 feet shorter than Everest, the world’s highest peak, but it was considered much more difficult, and more deadly.
the world’s second highest mountain
- “K2, pn.”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–present.
- “K2”, in Merriam–Webster Online Dictionary.