Two main origins:
- Borrowed from Italian Mandalà, a surname predominantly found in Sicily.
- Borrowed from Telugu మండల (maṇḍala), a surname predominantly found in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
Mandala (plural Mandalas)
- A surname.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Mandala is the 37792nd most common surname in the United States, belonging to 588 individuals. Mandala is most common among White (67.35%) and Asian/Pacific Islander (23.98%) individuals.
- Hanks, Patrick, editor (2003), “Mandala”, in Dictionary of American Family Names, volume 2, New York City: Oxford University Press, →ISBN, page 503.
Mandala n (strong, genitive Mandalas, plural Mandalas)
- mandala (geometric design)
Declension of Mandala [neuter, strong]
- “Mandala” in Digitales Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache
- Mandala on the German Wikipedia.Wikipedia de