Ph.D.(Redirected from Ph.D)
See also: PhD
- Doctor of Philosophy, a terminal research degree, the highest of academic degrees conferred by a college or university.
- (informal) A person who holds a Ph.D. degree.
- 2004, Lucy Chronic, Halka Chronic, Pages of Stone, second edition, The Mountaineers Books, →ISBN, end material: About the Authors, page 174:
- Growing up the daughter of two Ph.D.s in geology, young Lucy Chronic was more likely to hear discussions of plate tectonics than the prospects of the local ball team's chance of winning the pennant.
- Not to be used generically to refer to all doctoral degrees. There are many other doctoral designations.