- A Scottish surname, from Old English, a byname from Old English rēad (“red”).
- An English surname, from Old English, a variant of Reed.
- An Irish surname, from Irish, an anglicization of Réid, a byname from Anglo-Norman le Rede (“the red”).
- An Irish surname, from Irish, a translation of Ó Maoildeirg (“descendant of the red chief”) (Mulderrig).
- An Irish surname, from Irish, an adopted anglicization of Ó Maoilbhríghde (Mulready).
- A male given name transferred from the surname.
- A suburb of Canberra, Australia; named for George Reid, 4th Prime Minister of Australia.
- A census-designated place in Maryland, United States.
- An unincorporated community in West Virginia, United States.
- ^ Patrick Hanks and Flavia Hodges: A Concise Dictionary of First Names. Oxford University Press 2001.