- An ancient Greek colony in south Italy, notable for the luxury of its inhabitants.
Sybaris f sg (genitive Sybaris); third declension
- A city of Magna Graecia, notable for the luxury of its inhabitants
- A river of Bruttium that flows into the Ionian Sea, now the river Coscile
Third-declension noun (i-stem), with locative, singular only.
- Sybaris in Charlton T. Lewis and Charles Short (1879) A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press
- Sybaris in Gaffiot, Félix (1934) Dictionnaire Illustré Latin-Français, Hachette
- Sybaris in William Smith, editor (1854, 1857) A Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, volume 1 & 2, London: Walton and Maberly