Return to "phi" page.
How is phi pronounced in English - [fai] or [fi:]? (AFAIK pi is pronounced as [pai].) --Kompik 13:43, 20 October 2005 (UTC)
- It rhymes with pi, tie, high, fly (isn't English pronunciation easy to learn).
Please do not re-nominate for verification without comprehensive reasons for doing so.
- Perhaps Color phi phenomenon? Equinox ◑ 22:34, 5 July 2015 (UTC)
- I suppose this counts:
- 1963, Psychology Through Experiment (George Humphrey, Jaroslav Antonio Deutsch), page 90:
- […] tolerance (Frenkel-Brunswik 1949) for it showed that those persons with the strongest defences against internal conflict, i.e. obsessionals and conversion hysterics, were those least able to perceive the reality-conflicting phenomenon of phi.
- I can also find a few citations of "phenomenon of (phi movement|perception)". And, of course, citations of "phi phenomenon", but do those count for [[phi]] or only [[phi phenomenon]]? - -sche (discuss) 17:43, 7 August 2015 (UTC)
- This is citable if citations of "phi phenomenon" are citations of phi, which I guess they are. So, cited. - -sche (discuss) 07:59, 23 September 2015 (UTC)