- Abbreviation of .
abbreviation of Tuesday
- (rare) alternative form of (the god Tyr).
- 1995, Miles Jebb, Suffolk, page 193:
- One feels that here the old pagan gods have come into their own again, the ones we acknowledge every day of the week without thinking — Tue, Woden, Thor and Freia; and certainly nature herself has reclaimed what was once a site cleared of vegetation.
- 2008, Adam Corres, Raffles and the Match-Fixing Syndicate (Grosvenor House Publishing, first hardback edition), page 20:
- I remember this all took place on a Tuesday; the day of the great god 'Tue'. Honestly, that's who it's named after. If you don't believe me, go look it up. I have no idea what it was that Tue did exactly, but I'd say he or she was pretty lucky […]
- 2013, Kate Sedley, The Christmas Wassail (Severn House, Sutton, UK; →ISBN:
- "If he can't mention Tue, Woden, Thor and Frig, how is he going to pronounce the days of the week?"