- (international standards, computing) A series of character encoding standards intended to support the characters used by a large number of the world’s languages.
- This character isn't in Unicode.
- (computing) The Unicode standards, together with standards for representing character strings as byte strings.
- convert to Unicode
series of computer encoding standards
- (computing, by extension, informal) Characters from a contextually different script, often used in a nonstandard fashion. Sometimes used as an antonym to the characters of the Latin alphabet.
- Since most users on the site are westerners, we have banned Unicode in all text input boxes.