Hello, welcome to Wiktionary, and thank you for your contribution so far. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
- How to edit a page is a concise list of technical guidelines to the wiki format we use here: how to, for example, make text boldfaced or create hyperlinks. Feel free to practice in the sandbox. If you would like a slower introduction we have a short tutorial.
- Entry layout explained (ELE) is a detailed policy documenting how Wiktionary pages should be formatted. All entries should conform to this standard, the easiest way to do this is to copy exactly an existing page for a similar word.
- Our Criteria for inclusion (CFI) define exactly which words Wiktionary is interested in including, there is also a list of things that Wiktionary is not for a higher level overview.
- The FAQ aims to answer most of your remaining questions, and there are several help pages that you can browse for more information.
- We have discussion rooms in which you can ask any question about Wiktionary or its entries, a glossary of our technical jargon, and some hints for dealing with the more common communication issues.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wiktionarian! If you have any questions, bring them to the Wiktionary:Information desk, or ask me on my talk page. If you do so, please sign your posts with four tildes: ~~~~ which automatically produces your username and the current date and time.
May I also add that it is very good to have someone contributing to the Sotho language here. – Krun 14:33, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
Greetings! Please, would you add translations to
for any African languages that you can? These are model pages, used to demonstrate formatting to newcomers, so having many languages will allow more people to see correct formatting. Thank you for any help you can provide. --EncycloPetey 18:11, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
Will do. --Jakoli4 18:20, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
For some reason we have an entry for this in English. I take it that it was and remains mainly an Afrikaans word. Could you take a look at the English entry a see what might be wrong. If you could add Afrikaans for it that would be great. I just started a Wiktionary:Requested entries:Afrikaans page. Happy editing. DCDuring TALK 05:36, 16 July 2009 (UTC)