- An Landmark hill (or "mount") in the land of Israel on which ancient Jerusalem was partly built, a centerpiece to Biblical accounts of old days and future eschatological events.
- (poetic reference to) Jerusalem city proper; or more strictly speaking, the Temple Mount.
- (by far extension) The whole nation of Israel.
- A male given name from Hebrew, which is of rampant modern usage still.
- A female given name
- (Mormonism) An association of the righteous.
- Mount Zion
- Moriah, Mount of myrrh (as a special landmark of 'perfume' importance; Analogous to the very special power of prayer that rises specifically from this locale. In accordance with Jewish Midrashic literature)
hill ("mount") in Israel
Zion m (genitive Zions)