- In Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and Catalan: the form of an adjective formed by adding the suffixes -issimo, -ísimo, -íssimo, -érrimo, -imo, or -íssim to the adjective (with any final vowel dropped) to express a superlative that cannot be exceeded, having the sense “as ... as possible”.
- In Greek: one of the degrees of comparison in an adjective that stresses an exceptional property without making a direct comparison, its closest equivalent in English being a most important letter, a very high mountain or absolutely pure water. It is formed by adding the suffix -τατος (declined) to the adjective's nominative, neuter singular.
- In Romanian: a form of an adjective with various adverbs preceding it: foarte / tare / extrem de / cât se poate de + adjective. The most frequent and standard adverb is foarte (“very”). The other adverbs or adverbial constructions are emotionally marked. The adverb tare is used in the colloquial style.
- Am citit un articol foarte interesant. (I've read a very interesting article).
- Am citit o carte tare proastă. (I read a very bad book).
- Am văzut un film extrem de interesant. (I saw an extremely interesting movie).
- Părerea ei este cât se poate de importantă. (Her opinion is really important).