See also: accélérant
accelerant (plural accelerants)
- (chemistry) Any substance that can bond, mix, or disturb another substance and cause an increase in the speed of a natural or artificial chemical process.
- A substance that accelerates the development of a fire; especially some petroleum product used to spread an act of arson
- (chemistry) A substance used to catalyze the vulcanization of rubber
- (metaphoric) Something that speeds up a process or speeds up the uptake of something.
substance that can bond, mix, or disturb another substance
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.