See also: Administration
From Middle English administracioun, from Old French administration, from Latin administratio, from administrare; see administer; compare French administration.
administration (usually uncountable, plural administrations)
- (uncountable) The act of administering; government of public affairs; the service rendered, or duties assumed, in conducting affairs; the conducting of any office or employment; direction.
- (countable, government, politics) The executive part of government; the persons collectively who are entrusted with the execution of laws and the superintendence of public affairs; the chief magistrate and his cabinet or council; or the council, or ministry, alone, as in Great Britain.
- Successive US administrations have had similar Middle East policies.
- (government, politics) The country's government under the rule of a particular leader.
- The Obama administration
- The Duterte administration
- (countable) A body that administers; a body of administrators.
- 2021 November 6, Prachatai, “Chiang Mai Administrative Court rules in favour of CMU student”, in Prachatai, Bangkok: Prachatai, retrieved 2021-11-06:
- The Chiang Mai Administrative Court ruled in favour of students from the Media Arts and Design Department, Faculty of Fine Arts, Chiang Mai University, who filed for a temporary injunction on 18 October after the University administration prohibited them from showing their final theses in the University Art Centre because some pieces dealt with social and political themes.
- (uncountable) The act of administering, or tendering something to another; dispensation.
- the administration of a medicine, of an oath, of justice, or of the sacrament.
- oral administration of insulin
- (uncountable, business) Management.
- (uncountable, law, UK) An arrangement whereby an insolvent company can continue trading under supervision.
- The company went into voluntary administration last week.
the act of administering
the executive part of government
the act of administering or tendering something to another
location of offices for this
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- administration in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
administration c (singular definite administrationen, plural indefinite administrationer)
Declension of administration
From Old French administration, from Latin administratio.
administration f (plural administrations)
- management (administration; the process or practice of managing)
- “administration”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.
administration (plural administrationes)
- administration (act of administering)
|Declension of administration|