See also: æsthetic
- Conservative RP: /esˈθet.ɪk/; /iːsˈθet.ɪk/
- Contemporary RP: /ɛsˈθɛt.ɪk/
- General American: /ɛsˈθɛt.ɪk/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛtɪk
- Concerned with beauty, artistic impact, or appearance.
- It works well enough, but the shabby exterior offends his aesthetic sensibilities.
concerned with beauty
aesthetic (plural aesthetics)
- The study of art or beauty.
- That which appeals to the senses.
- (Internet slang) The artistic motifs defining a collection of things, especially works of art; more broadly, their vibe
- Her most recent works have this quirky, half-serious 90's teen culture-inspired aesthetic.
the study of art or beauty — see aesthetics
that which appeals to the senses