aggregation (plural aggregations)
- The act of collecting together, of aggregating.
- The state of being collected into a mass, assemblage, or (aggregated) sum.
- A collection of particulars; an aggregate.
- (networking) Summarizing multiple routes into one route.
- (epidemiology) The majority of the parasite population concentrated into a minority of the host population.
- (object-oriented programming) Kind of object composition which does not imply ownership.
- 2002, Kirk Knoernschild, edited by Addison-Wesley Professional, Java Design: Objects, UML, and Process:
- The difference between an association and an aggregation is entirely conceptual and is focused strictly on semantics.
Derived terms edit
act of aggregating, or state of being aggregated
collection into a mass or sum
collection of particulars
summarizing multiple routes into one route