- anapaestic (UK)
- of, or relating to, or composed of an anapest.
- of, or relating to, one of the distinct beats in a (human?) heartbeat pattern.
- of, or relating to, a rhythmic pattern used in certain forms of poetry (see also limeric or limerick).
- of, or relating to, certain beats in specific types of drum rhythms, e.g. specific beats within the part played by the "surdo" drum. Surdo literally means "deaf" in Brasilian Portuguese, and the surdo drums play the bass parts in a samba rhythm as performed by a batucada (drumming ensemble) during the Carnaval celebration.
anapestic (plural anapestics)
- This word needs a definition. Please help out and add a definition, then remove the text