bighead (plural bigheads)
- (colloquial, especially used by children) A person having an inflated opinion of himself; a conceited or arrogant person.
1997, Virginia Watson, Anyan's Story: A New Guinea Woman in Two Worlds, page 174:
- He is such a bighead and so lazy that I don't know how far he will go. He can read and write English a little bit and he thinks that is enough for him to know.
2010, Jonathan Wilson, Anatomy of England: A History in Ten Matches:
- 'But there are too many egos, way too many. I mean bigheads who are sidetracked by stuff away from football.'
2011, Linda Hutton, The Wild Thyme Unseen, page 218:
- I'm not such a bighead that I think I can do better than Hugh and Hereman at reclaiming the main island.
- (colloquial) One of several species of fish having a large head.
- (colloquial) One of several animal diseases that cause swelling of the head.
A person with an inflated opinion of themselves