- Iron, or similar metals worked by a blacksmith
- (music) A subgenre of heavy metal employing fast tempos, shrieked vocals, highly distorted guitars, double-kick drumming and unconventional song structure, often emphasizing antireligious and misanthropic themes.
- (music, dated, 1980s and early 1990s) Any form of extreme metal having a Satanic or anti-Christian theme.
- ambient black metal
- atmospheric black metal
- black metaller
- depressive black metal, depressive suicidal black metal
- folk black metal
- national socialist black metal (NSBM)
- symphonic black metal
a subgenre of heavy metal