See also: chicken-shit and chicken shit
Audio (AU) (file)
chickenshit (comparative more chickenshit, superlative most chickenshit)
- (slang, vulgar) petty and contemptible; contemptibly unimportant. (Compare bullshit.)
- (vulgar, slang) cowardly
- How chickenshit of that girl to just stand there and do nothing.
- 2012, Stephen King, 11/22/63, page 807:
- "How chickenshit do you have to be to go after an old man in a wheelchair?"
chickenshit (countable and uncountable, plural chickenshits)
- (slang, vulgar) (A) petty and contemptible thing(s).
- Don't waste your time on that chickenshit.
- 2010 December 15, A.J. Jacobs, “George H.W. Bush*: What I've Learned”, in Esquire:
- I went to see Lyndon Johnson, and I was telling him I wanted to run for Senate. And he said, "The difference between the Senate and the House is the difference between chicken salad and chicken shit." Johnson was amazing.
- (slang, vulgar) coward
- I told him I wasn't having his insults, and he just backed right down. What a chickenshit.
- (vulgar, military, slang) A low-ranking officer who lords over and needlessly makes life miserable for his underlings; a petty, abusive martinet.
- That chickenshit drove his men nearly to mutiny.
- (coward): coward; (slang:) chicken, pussy, wuss, shithouse
- (petty or contemptible thing): (mostly vulgar:) shit, crap, bullcrap, bullshit, junk, trash, dogshit, Irish bull, horseshit