chun (plus genitive, triggers no mutation)
- to, toward
- ceathrú chun a trí ― a quarter to three
- in order to
The personal forms of chuig are used for this preposition as well.
- “dochum” in Dictionary of the Irish Language, Royal Irish Academy, 1913–76.
- "chun" in Foclóir Gaeilge-Béarla, An Gúm, 1977, by Niall Ó Dónaill.
- M. L. Sjoestedt-Jonval (1938), Description d’un parler irlandais de Kerry, Paris: Librairie Ancienne Honoré Champion, p. 100.
- English transcriptions of Mandarin speech often fail to distinguish between the critical tonal differences employed in the Mandarin language, using words such as this one without the appropriate indication of tone.