- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈsɜːkɪtɹi/
Audio (RP) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈsɝkətɹi/
- Hyphenation: cir‧cuit‧ry
- (countable) A specific system of electrical circuits in a particular device; (uncountable) the design of such a system.
- 2018 March 26, A. A. Dowd, “Steven Spielberg Finds Fun, and maybe even a Soul, in the Pandering Pastiche of Ready Player One”, in The A.V. Club, archived from the original on 31 May 2018:
- Before he died, James Halliday (Mark Rylance), the hermit-like, socially maladjusted tech genius who created The Oasis, hid an Easter egg somewhere in the circuitry, scattering bread crumbs that lead to its location. Find the egg, and the mogul’s fortune—along with total control of his digital fiefdom—is yours. It’s the ultimate capitalist scavenger hunt!
- (figuratively) The brain's neural network.
- (uncountable) Electrical circuits considered as a group.
specific system of electrical circuits in a particular device; design of such a system
electrical circuits considered as a group