- Having a tendency to cling.
- a clingy minidress
- 2003, Tony Kornheiser, I'm Back for More Cash (Because You Can't Take Two Hundred Newspapers into the Bathroom), page 255:
- I conceded I might have slightly mollified if it had been Wendy Rieger in that clingy leopard skin blouse she wears on Channel 4.
- (informal, usually derogatory) Pathetically attached to, or possessive of someone, usually a significant other.
- a clingy ex-girlfriend who won't stop calling
- (all): clinging
- (having a tendency to cling): See also Thesaurus:adhesive or Thesaurus:close-fitting
- (possessive over a lover): overattached
having a tendency to cling
possessive over a lover