- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkləʊzɪŋ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkloʊzɪŋ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -əʊzɪŋ
closing (plural closings)
- The act by which something is closed.
- openings and closings of doors
- The end or conclusion of something.
- the closing of a popular play
- The final procedure in a house sale, when documents are signed and recorded.
- (mathematics) In morphology, the erosion of the dilation of a set.
the act by which something is closed
end or conclusion
the final procedure in a house sale
closing (not comparable)
- Pertaining to the finish or ending of a series of events; occurring at the end or after all others.
- I'd like to add some closing words.
- The closing scene of Miller's "Death of a Salesman" cannot but evoke a feeling of deep pathos.
coming after all others