- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /kəˈməʊdi.əs/
- (US) IPA(key): /kəˈmoʊdi.əs/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -əʊdiəs
- Spacious and convenient; roomy and comfortable.
- Synonyms: convenient, comfortable, spacious
- Our house is much more commodious than our old apartment.
- 1854, Charles Dickens, “The One Thing Needful”, in Hard Times. For These Times, London: Bradbury & Evans, […], OCLC 4389957, book the first (Sowing), page 3:
- The emphasis was helped by the speaker's square wall of a forehead, which had his eyebrows for its base, while his eyes found commodious cellarage in two dark caves, overshadowed by the wall.
- Adapted to its use or purpose, or to wants and necessities; suitable.
spacious and convenient
adapted to its use or purpose
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked